Bell Foundry Museum
Heiligerlee – Distance approx. 36 km
The museum is situated in A.H. van Bergen’s former Bell Foundry. This establishment of the company was reopend in 1862 under the name St. Paulinus. In the beginning mostly ringing bells were cast for church towers in the whole country. At the end of the thirties the company started to focus on producing carillons. To put this new product in the spotlights, a bell tower was built in 1942 at the front of the bell foundry. After the second world war the company focused on producing firehoses. In 1980 the company was bankrupt. Since 1987 the Bell Foundry museum is situated in the renovated building.
For more information: http://www.museaheiligerlee.nl/index.php?page=klok&sub=klokkengieterij-museum